Saturday, September 21, 2019

Blood Borne Pathogens and Bacteria: What are they and what do they mean for your new tattoo?


Blood Borne Pathogens and Bacteria: What are they and what do they mean for your new tattoo?

One of the many aspects of getting a new tattoo that is over looked by many is the need for a clean and sterile environment. In today's world we have seen a rapid increase of pop-up tattoo parlors and an increase in home tattoos. Sadly, this has been over looked for far too long. The biggest issue here is blood borne pathogens and a clean sterile environment where the tattoo is being performed.

So, what exactly is a blood borne pathogen? A blood borne pathogen is infectious microorganisms in human blood that cause disease. Some examples of these diseases are but not limited to hepatitis B (HBV), hepatitis C (HCV) and human immunodeficiency virus (HIV). Having a proper field preforming tattoos is crucial to preventing the spread of these diseases.

Aside from blood borne pathogens there is also a risk from bacteria causing infections such as staph or MRSA (a staph super bug)
How are these contracted you might wonder? They are due to cross contamination that occurs around an open cut, wound or abrasions. What’s cross contamination? It’s process by which bacteria or other microorganisms are unintentionally transferred from one substance or object to another, with harmful effect. Meaning this can occur from not washing your hands properly, and having uncovered and un-sterilized equipment being used to preform a medical procedure, a piercing or even a tattoo.



That’s why pop up shops and kitchen tattoos with no knowledge of blood borne pathogens or bacteria aren’t just unethical it’s deadly. In order to protect yourself it is crucial that you do your research! Find an established studio, take a look around and see for yourself!
Here at Lucky Bamboo Tattoo we cover EVERYTHING that the artist could touch during an appointment. Everything is wiped down and disinfected prior to setting up with sterile single use items. Such as drape sheets, pillow cases, bottle bags, clip cord sleeves etc. 

Artists are required by the health department to be blood borne certified. Which means they are trained to know how to prevent cross contamination to protect the client. These precautions shouldn’t stop here in the studio. After your appointment we send you with a sterile bandage that is designed to keep your tattoo safe and clean during the crucial phases of the healing process. Any new tattoo should be handled with care. Wash your hands before switching out or removing your bandage. If your unsure of what to do you should contact the studio/artist and follow their directions.
We can not stress enough the importance of not doing home tattoos and to do your research!

7 comments:

  1. I absolutely love Lucky Bamboo Tattoo. It’s nice to see a shop that cares about everything. From making an appointment, the appointment, and the aftercare.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew I'd be safe getting my first tattoo at Lucky Bamboo! ♡

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cleanliness was clear and I felt comfortable the entire time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lucky bamboo is the kitties titties

    ReplyDelete
  5. So gross! Cleanliness is one of the first things I look for in a tattoo shop!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I work in the medical field myself and I have to say I really appreciate the attention Jared and Lucky Bamboo pays to proper hygiene. I’m pretty familiar with general cleanly/sterile best practices and the number of times Jared changes his gloves when he tattoos me puts my kind at ease haha. Never once had a tattoo get infected! It’s all about proper aftercare and tattoo technique. Glad y’all are educating people about this :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I’m here to testify about what Dr James did for me. I have been suffering from (GENITAL HERPES VIRUS) disease for the past 4 years and had constant pain and itching, especially in my private part. During the first year, I had faith in God that i would be cured someday.This disease started circulating all over my body and I have been taking treatment from my doctor, few weeks ago I came across a testimony of Holly Woodgate, on the internet testifying about a Man called Dr James on how he cured her from 7 years HSV 2. And she also gave the email address of this man, advising anybody to contact him for help on any kind of diseases that he would be of help, so I emailed him telling him about my (HSV 2) he told me not to worry that I was going to be cured!! Well, I never doubted him. I have faith he can cure me too,, Dr James prepared and sent me Healing Oil, Soap, roots and herbs which I took. In the first one week, I started experiencing changes all over me, after four weeks of using his Roots/ Herbs, Oil and Soap, I was totally cured. no more itching , pain on me anymore as Dr James assured me. After some time I went to my doctor to do another test. the result came out negative. So friends my advice is if you have such disease or know anyone who suffers from it or any other disease like HPV, HBV, HIV, ALS, HBP, CANCER etc. you can contact Dr James for help via drjamesherbalmix@gamil.com or whatsapp +2348152855846  

    ReplyDelete